Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let us never forget...

12 years ago today, a terrible tragedy occurred. Lives were lost, people were hurt. We, as a country, had to step back and look at what was happening.

I was 6 years old. I was at home on that day, my mother was teaching me and my sister. My dad called from where he was working in town and told us that it had happened. He then asked that we bring my sister's radio/cd player to his job so we could hear the latest news. We did so and I remember sitting there, not completely understanding what was happening, but being afraid and very saddened by what happened. 

To the unsung heroes, those who have their lives, sacrificed themselves to help others, to those who just lent a hand, thank you! We are forever in your debt. God bless you! To the families of those hurt or killed in this tragedy, I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you! 

Let us not forget what happened that day. It was a day of sorrow, of pain, of courage, of love. I thank God for each and every person who worked to help the people hurt, the rescue teams, the firemen! Thank you for your service. God bless you! And God bless the USA!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment