Friday, September 6, 2013

Doctor Who, Nancy Drew and a Destin trip

I went to Destin for my senior trip. You know, they classify a senior trip as your first big trip without your family. So, my senior trip was in August. It was AWESOME!!! I went with six other girls whom I love dearly and wish I could see more often. We spent seven nights in a villa and it was fantastic. The beach was wonderful and the weather was good except for a couple of rainy days but those days we watched movies. 
   

    This is our luggage. One dodge Durango, seven girls, all their stuff and about a seven hour trip. It was quite crowded to say the least. We even took beach hats! Here's a picture of Cara's brother wearing all of them. :D



It was loads of fun. We stayed at the beach or the pool almost all the time. 

Epic sand castle they built. We all built one but nobody took a picture and we ended up knocking it down ourselves. 

I was so encouraged by this trip. The girls were all so sweet and great room mates. I had only briefly met a couple of them but they were terrific! Like I said, this was in August. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more pictures soon. I usually write blog posts on my phone but I took a ton more pictures with my camera so I'll have to get those on here from my computer. 

While I was in Destin, one of the girls with us, Beth, got me started watching Dr. Who. I haven't watched them since then, not because I'm not interested, but because they make me miss her and I want to watch them with her anyway. (She lives in Colorado so we can't just have slumber parties, sadly *sniff* ) She showed me some pretty awesome ones! I liked the one about Van Gogh. I had watched one episode before I met her. It was called "Water on Mars" or something and the doctor was David Tennant, but she showed me a couple of other episodes that were pretty cool! 

So my little sister and I have started playing Nancy Drew interactive computer games. They are loads of fun, but some of them are kinda creepy. We have finished I think about 9 of them and we love them! I grew up reading Nancy Drew (listen to me, I grew up! I'm still growing up!) so naturally when we found these I wanted them. We have I think around 13 of the games but we haven't finished all of them. If you haven't played them before, they really make you think about what to do. They have puzzles and such. I do not recommend cheating. They are much more fun if you just play them. 


Also coming up, my trip to Michigan with my grandparents to meet a relative. Here's a sneak peak:

No comments:

Post a Comment