Friday, October 5, 2012

Random Things

      I joined a choral group last night. One of my friends was already a member and decided to ask me if I would like to join. Well of course I said yes. We sang for about an hour and thirty to forty-five minutes rehearsing for a program in November. I joined a little late, but since I can read music they said I could, so I was very excited about that.

     It was amazing to hear all the voices joined together in perfect harmony. I sat lost in a world of music--which is how I get anyway where good music is concerned--listening to the voices blending, rising, falling, softly singing then rising in a crescendo then falling right back.

     We practiced five or six of the eleven songs and I enjoyed them immensely.  Some were more difficult than others, determining where the first choir would come in and where we would come in. It was fun though! I enjoyed it!

   
      I went to my first college football game a couple of weeks ago. I went along with my sister and some friends. It was loud.....very loud, but I enjoyed it. I had fun watching everything from up in the high seats, we were not far from the top of the stadium.

     I learned a little more about football while there. Usually, I have no clue what in the world is going on, but I was able to enjoy the loud music and the cheers and I actually gleaned a little information. I still have to read up on the rules of football. That is on my long list of reading that I have to do.

     I also want to read the rules of volleyball. Even though I have been playing volleyball since close to the beginning of September, I still have some things that I want to clear up about the rules.

     Oh, at volleyball yesterday afternoon, our team got slaughtered. Could be because we played the people who had more experience and practice than us. First game ended 15-3, second 6-0. Like I said, we got slaughtered but I had fun! 

     I'm learning a good bit though. Like I said, I have a long reading list! I want to learn so many things. I read somewhere today that we humans only use like 10-20% of our brains in everyday functions. Wow! 

     Oh, yeah, I watched Cars II today (I know, I could have been doing some of that reading and studying that I need to do, but I hadn't seen it yet and had to rent it for my little sister anyway so...........). I liked it. It was funny. 

     Well, I gotta run! I'll see y'all next time!

              Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. Singing, volleyball, football, reading... Sounds like you lead a pretty fun life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! It has been very busy, but it's been great! I really have enjoyed it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete